Friday, June 20, 2014

Follow Up on the Trees

I have since trimmed much of the dead wood from the other two trees shown in the previous posting. I cut away most of the dead branches and other material from the trees. I then fed each of them with three tablespoons of Miracle Grow. In addition to that I spread four tablespoons of granular rose bush fertilizer around the base of each tree. I used rose bush fertilizer because I have it. I couldn't find any information as to what percentages of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium to use with these trees, so rose bush fertilizer it is.

This is the small tree with most of the dead material removed.

This shows the small tree, in the foreground after pruning it. The middle tree just to the left, in this picture, has yet to be pruned.

This is the middle tree after pruning.

This is a closer view of the middle tree

If you compare these photographs with the ones in the previous posting I think you will agree that the trees look better now. It remains to be seen how they continue to fare. I'll be monitoring them and I plan on continuing to fertilize them.

No comments: