Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Photographs of a Dismal Spring Day Taken April 8, 2014

When I got up on this day and looked out my window I went, "Bleh!" Then I thought I shouldn't be depressed because it's a relatively warm spring day and it's taking the long winter snow away. Never mind that it drizzled rain all day. I took photographs. I took some through a window and some outside from my deck.

Although overcast you can see some cloud texture. Later in the day it broke up and some blue came through.

The speed limit on the road is 80 kph / 50 mph. I waited for something interesting to go by but I suppose I could have waited a second longer before exposing the picture. Two seconds and the truck would have been out of the picture.

Look, something green. These cedars are evergreen but they are greener than they've been all winter.

As wet as the ground is it still looks like desert. That will change soon enough.

I took this to get the tractor. There is some trash on the lawn. It can stay there for now. The ground is extremely mushy and spongy right now. I'll tend to cleaning up when it gets a bit firmer.

Look closely at the deciduous trees in these pictures and you'll see they're fuzzy with buds. A few more warm days and nights should bring out the leaves.

No comments: