Monday, February 10, 2014

Kodak 1 Autographic Special Model A

I had to look up this camera. The Kodak 1 Autographic Special Model A was first made available in 1915. This one was made in Canada. For being about a hundred years old it's in pretty good shape.


There is a metal bar that hinges up and supports the front of the camera. I found it after I took this picture.


It may be hard to see in the picture. Kodak is embossed in the leather handle.

The reason these cameras were called Autographic is because of the hinged door on the back of the camera. This could be opened and a writing instrument could make a note on the back of the film, presumably for identification purposes.

This shows the bellows collapsed. The bellows was opened manually. It could be moved forward and back along a sliding scale such that the photographer could effectively change the length of the lens.

This shows the camera collapsed for storage.

When I took this picture I figured that the hinged metal bar that says Kodak is the support for the camera.

The shows the back of the camera when it's collapsed and you can see the hinged autographic door. The line on the back is there to allow the camera to be opened, presumably to load and unload the film. I don't know how to do that and I'm not going to risk the camera by mucking about with it. If I ever figure it out I may do so and take a few more pictures of it.

This is the leather carrying case with the catch undone. The Kodak logo is on the circular brass plate. It is a stylized EKC, which stands for Eastman Kodak Company.

There you have the camera with the support in place.


No comments: