Monday, April 22, 2013

I Posted All My Construction Pictures of the Canadian Firefighters Memorial Blog

In the fall of 1996 Will Brooks and I decided to make a memorial to Canadian firefighters who had been killed in the line of duty. In September 2012 that memorial was dedicated. Other people will tell you different versions of how this came about but I was involved in it at the beginning and even before that.

Without going into a narrative of how we floundered about, learning what to do and finally making it happen I just want to point out to you that I have made a blog site about the Canadian Firefighters Memorial and I'd like you to go and visit it. Here's the link to it: http://canfimem.blogspot.ca/

I should have started earlier taking pictures of the construction of the memorial. I missed three or four months. Oh, well. Water under the bridge as the cliché goes. I started taking pictures on a weekly basis in June, 2011. Earlier today, I completed posting on the blog site all the pictures I have taken of the memorial's construction.



There will be more pictures to come, as I intend to continue to photograph the site on a regular basis to record its changes in colour through the seasons as well as the growth of the plants on the site.

If you live in Ottawa I urge you to go to the site and experience it first hand. If you live somewhere else, I'll say this. Ottawa is a beautiful city. You'd probably like it here, especially in the warm months. When you come here put the Canadian Firefighters Memorial on your list of things to see here.

If you're a firefighter or a friend or relative of a firefighter, then you should definitely put the Canadian Firefighters Memorial on your agenda.

No comments: