Friday, July 03, 2015

Site of the National Holocaust Monument

The National Holocaust Monument in Ottawa will be very close to where the Canadian Firefighters Memorial is located. When I visited the Firefighters Memorial recently (May 31, 2015) I went across the street to photograph the state of the site for the Holocaust Monument.

I took this photograph to show the size of the monument's footprint. You can
see a chain link fence surrounding the site. The War Museum can be seen
partially on the right.


I have a camera with a small lens that I can get through the holes in this fence.
I didn't have it with me. You can see one of the gates to the left with a roadway
extending into the site. It looks like there's another one on the far side with a
ramp into the excavation.





Not much to see at the site at the moment, just bedrock and some accumulated ground water. I should be visiting the area again soon. If I see anything in the way of further development I'll have some more photographs to show.

No comments: